How Much Does Duolingo Like App Development Costs?
The e-learning industry has expanded its roots globally for the past few years with the help of the internet worldwide. People love to learn things on mobile instead of on desktop; they found it more convenient comparatively. If you want to enhance the academic experience with interactive education mobility solutions but are a bit confused? Do not stress it, and we will guide you all with this blog about the importance of Educational Mobile App Development. Let us examine the overview for learning application development profoundly and clear your queries.
Overview of Mobile Apps in Education
If you want to make the learning process more convenient from anywhere at any time at your fingertips. Then Mobile App Development plays an essential role while building an educational part.
Mobile technology makes any task easier with less effort in this advanced time. It is also a big-time saver for your crucial time. Earlier, it was very challenging to carry your related textbook with you, and if sometimes you missed one, it might be a big nightmare. But With these educational apps, you can’t miss your lecture.
Now, the trend in education is modifying day by day, hence the digitalization wave came into the education market. E-Learning was emerging day by day, but after the COVID 19 pandemic, it became the need for every student. Please look at the given benefits to understand more clearly:
1. Modern learning techniques: The educational mobile app directly targets the student’s psychology and helps students understand and acquire information from different perspectives.
2. 24*7 Accessibility: It is not time-bound. So, Students can ask their doubts, and teachers can reply at any time through applications. It is not time-bound. Study when you feel like studying is the concept it follows.
3. Progress tracking: With the help of these types of educational AAP, Educational mobile apps are also helping Teachers to adequately track and report student grades with unique automatic scoring and attendance features. Parents, as well as teachers, can easily connect through an app that allows them to share questions and concerns anytime, anywhere.
4. Time-saving: Students are saving a lot of time with the help of educational apps. You don’t have to travel so that you can save travel time. You can save time by simply downloading and getting the reference and class notes. Features such as instant updates, portability, and unlimited learning. By this users can save much time.
Top 2 Types of Educational Application
When a student chooses e-learning for education, they will get the set of content using a computer, tablet, or smartphone. This content has PDF files, a sequence of slides with audio/video author-wise, screencasts (screen recordings), simulation programs, courses, videos, or with a slide structure. The educational e-learning app is divided into two types depending on user type- for students & teachers. The student may get various options in it compared to teachers.
Let’s check a few key points which are a must while developing educational Mobile App Development-
1. For The teacher
- handy UI (user interfaces) for forming courses, tests;
- Must have a convenient UI to communicate with individual students or groups of students.
- Quick accessibility to access the list of subjects they teach.
- Convenience to examine the materials sent by students without any problem.
2. For The Student
- Efficiently operate the app from any mobile device.
- Must have an ideal trend – mobile app development for learning.
- For children and adolescents, must-have multimedia formats, gamification.
- Should have a great user interface for quick communication between teacher & students to resolve their issues over the particular topic.
- Smooth interfaces to access courses, lessons, tests without any technical glitch.
- To see your progress, must have a clear evaluation system.
- Should have easy navigation to search out which lesson needs to be completed first.
Why Duolingo is the Most Popular Educational Application
These days app-like systems, from Duolingo to Coursera & Udemy, are getting immense popularity among people. Most of them move towards gamification elements to teach the student in more attractive and interesting ways. Hence, in 2013 the app became Apple’s choice for App of the Year. And in the year 2014, it was the most downloaded application in the Education category through Google Play.
If we talk about Duolingo related to the professional field, it makes training free, fun, and accessible to everyone. The training program is divided into lessons sorted by complexity and, after the first level, they focus on particular topics. Each lesson contains different types of exercises for translating, reading, writing, and listening and is designed to learn grammar rules and new vocabulary in the context of live speech.
Training is available at any stage to integrate the knowledge gained. The game format is represented by factors such as experience points, levels, rewards, and in-game currency to purchase additional features and bonuses in the store. To monitor the regularity of classes, you can set daily goals and set email reminders. A story project was launched to develop the skill further. In this project, you need to perform interactive tasks as a contextual voice dialog.
Note: In 2019, Forbes named Duolingo “Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019”.
Take a look at These 5 Hints to Create a Successful Learning App Similar to Duolingo
If you are planning to make such App as Duolingo, Consider these parameters while developing your dream project
1. Elements of Gamification
No one likes boring learning these days. Today, the learning process is moving away from boring and standard patterns and becoming more and more like a game, introducing a system of bonuses, achievements, and rewards that maximizes user interest and engages emotionally. Gamification, a way of using interactive game design elements in other App, is popular in education. There is a good reason for this. Player personalities have traits that can be developed to be beneficial to students (such as patience and concentration).
2. Flexibility in Design
People love services with intuitive navigation, simple and interesting interface. It’s worth thinking about the app design, the content design style, and providing a structured and affordable UX to avoid complicating the familiarity and process of using your app. Create tips, chatbots, or support groups if users don’t understand the next steps during training.
3. Social Networks Integration
It gives the ease of sign-up process with the help of Social Networks Integration such as Facebook, Google, etc. It saves time and helps you to ease the registration process, and reduces the time it takes a person to fill in their data.
4. Modifiable Content
Large communities have grown up around original games, communities that produce their spin-off content. This “modding” content culture can be incorporated into the classroom as it allows students to create interactive projects that transform the latest lesson concepts into games. Duolingo excels among other educational programs with a wide range of materials. Only content integrity can show users that your application guarantees academic success.
5. Android and iOS Versions
It is undeniable that users can use different platforms, so they need to provide access to e-learning applications from other devices, not to cross layers of society. For that, you should consider planning Android application development and iOS application development.
Some instances for Education App
In the field of educational technology, most apps for tablets and smartphones are designed to enhance the educational experience of students and teachers. Many of educational apps from the App Store & Google Play Store wrap each thing from math and science to English and history. As a result, Students can cut down the boundaries & learn inside and outside the classroom. Also, it can increase the opportunities in making it more interactional, engaging, and enjoyable.
According to different levels and learning styles, these useful apps for kids cover a wide range of topics. These apps meet your learning goals, keep the class motivated, and reach all types of students. Apps to educate children can make them more interactive, participatory and functional. A great way to do this is to keep your teaching methods up to date to engage students in your studies and learning applications.
Creating educational apps is a fantastic experience at Visartech while working on the FluffyWords project. This is a word game whose main objective is to write more words than the opponent and put the number of points in front of them.
This program has a positive effect on players because it increases the speed of thinking and has a wide variety of games. It includes playable characters, various groups such as “animals” and “towns and villages”, emotional music that captures the player and makes the language learning process enjoyable. There are many other educational projects we have been working on – take a look at our portfolio.
Top 9 Features of Educational Apps like Duolingo
Here, let us take Duolingo as an instance to distinguish the following components:
- Registration / Log-In Form
- Personal Profile
- Trackers of Progress
- Audio and Video Streaming
- Integration With Social Networks
- Push Notifications
- Testing Knowledge
Cost to Create Duolingo (Language Learning App)
Educational application development estimates may vary from one software development company to another. Let’s check the various factors here:
- development team structure;
- the technology stack at their disposal;
- geographic location;
- the overall level of technological expertise;
- Number and complexity of application features.
Therefore, learning app development costs are highly dependent on the number of hours the app development team allocates to develop a particular app multiplied by their specialist hourly rate. Depending on geographic location and professional expertise, rates vary from $25 to $150 per hour worked. Let us share our rough estimates on developing educational apps like Duolingo. We will start with an initial assessment of web application development.
|User Interfaces design
|Design implementation (screens development)
|Multiple resolutions support
|Domains/DNS setup and publishing
As you can see, the initial phase of such a web application can take between 448 and 664 hours of development. Hence, if you take the most popular mobile App development price of $50 in an hour, the primary development rate of an educational App will reach from $22,400 to $33,200.
Hopefully, this article will help you with all the facts and features while choosing the Duolingo Mobile App Development and the estimated cost for creating an amazing application.