Cloud hosting is a service consisting of hosting for various websites on virtual servers by pulling their computing resource from different networks. It is a method of extending your work experience with modern technologies of cloud platform. It uses a technology to network virtual servers into dynamic way so that it can be used as a resource for online businesses in an economic manner. Cloud hosting is similar to sharing of resources like utilities of electricity and gas. Nowadays Cloud emails also provide facilities of cloud hosting. Cloud Hosting Dubai consists of all hosting solutions that are needed for your online business. Its cloud platforms have everything that is needed to build a network like Reliability, Security and Scalability.
Cloud hosting can be considered an alternative to hosting of websites on single or shared servers, but it is a sort of clustered hosting in which hosting of websites is done on multiple servers online. With the help of cloud hosting, severs networks are huge and sharing of resources is also vast and resources are obtained from different data centres in various locations.
Cloud Hosting Service Models
Examples of cloud hosting are Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) and Platform as a Service (PAAS).
Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) –
- In this hosting service, the client is provided with virtualised hardware resource on which they are able to install their own software environment before building any web application. In IAAS model of classification, on behalf of its users, a third-party resource hosts all the hardware, software, servers and other components that are needed for cloud hosting. IAAS providers host users’ applications and manage tasks like maintenance and backup.
- High scalable resources, which can be adjusted on the basis of demanding situations, are provided by IAAS platforms. Therefore, IAAS is perfect for temporary workloads that can change unexpectedly or are experimental.
- Apart from this IAAS includes other features like desktop virtualization, dynamic scaling and automation of administrative tasks.
- On the basis of usage IAAS customers pay per week or per month basis. IAAS providers charge the customers based on the usage of virtual space.
Platform as a Service (PAAS)-
- It is a type of cloud hostel model that produces applications over the internet. On this service, the clients are provided with software environment by a cloud provider with the facility that they can straight away go for developing or building the new application without having to install the software provided by the provider. Thus, it frees the users from the trouble of installing unlike IAAS users.
- Many businesses rely on PAAS providers for services like application hosting, but PAAS does not rely on any business infrastructure.
- PAAS platforms are meant for software development utilities and provide advantages to developers in terms of upgrading or changing operating systems and also help developing teams on project issues.
- PAAS users access the resources through a web browser. PAAS customers are charged on a monthly basis by the PAAS providers on per-use basis.
Cloud Hosting Deployment Models
Mainly there are three types of deployment models of Cloud Hosting:
Private Cloud-This type of model is only used for a single specific organisation and cloud server hosting is done privately and the services are not meant to be shared with any organisation. Private cloud hosting is private and raises many security issues regarding any kind of vulnerability at every step of the organisation’s projects. It is costly as it includes self data centres, which are capital intensive.
Public Cloud- This type of model is used for public use, as the services that are rendered are open and sometimes even free. But security issues in public cloud hosting are different as it is available to audience and there may be communication over a non-trusted network. Public cloud providers like Amazon, Google or Microsoft has their own network, data centre and infrastructure and are accessible via the internet.
Hybrid Cloud- This type of model includes both private and public cloud models, which are bound together although the two remain as distinct entities. Applications, storage that are of less security concerns are hosted on public cloud and those, which are critical are hosted on private cloud with more security by the organisations.
Apart from the models, the main characteristics of Cloud Hosting are:
Cloud Hosting reliable in the sense that if one server goes offline in a network of servers, it affects the level of resources available to the cloud a bit, but the availability of websites will not be hampered. The virtual server of the website will be able to obtain the resources from the remaining working servers thus maintaining reliability.
The physical servers are present in data centres with security and this prevents people from accessing the servers or disrupting them when present in websites. Providers always take good care of security issues before delivering the resources to the customers. Security issues may arise if there is any loss of sensitive data due to stored kernels. When data is distributed over a wide network, issues regarding security become more complex. Many times many resources may not available to users due to security concerns.
Resources are available when they are on demand through the servers. Flexibility of resources is one of the features of cloud hosting as sometimes extra resource is needed by some client due to some visitor demand, resources are provided seamlessly by the providers.
Cloud Hosting Dubai provides all the mentioned features of cloud hosting that are needed for online business including cloud emails facility and it maintains the characteristics of cloud hosting by its efficient network of servers.