If you have recently bought a laptop of Dell of which the sound system is a bit faulty or if you are using a laptop for quite some time now and the speaker has been problematic from the last few days, there might be some problems with the sound adapter and speaker system, that is already there in the laptop. What happens is the sound adapter converts the digital signals into analog sound and delivers the audio through the speakers.
Now, if the sound comes a bit fuzzy or warped or if the sound quality is poor it is most likely that the speakers of the laptop are not working. In a condition like this you can troubleshoot the sound adapter and the device settings to check for the possible problems. If you can’t fix the problems by troubleshooting, you can contact the professionals who will check the speakers and the sound adapter for internal issues. Here are some effective tips that will help you fix with the sound issues of your laptop –
- Select ‘Hardware and sound’ from ‘Control Panel’ and then click on ‘Device Manager’. Input the administrator’s password if required.
- Open “Sound, Video and Game Controllers” where you will find the sound adapter. Double click the adapter and then check for errors in the ‘Device Status’. If you find an error code, there must be some instructions on how to repair the issue or resolve it. Read it carefully and follow the instructions minutely. If the ‘Device status’ reads ‘this device is working properly’ click on ‘okay’ to exit and click ‘sound’ after returning to ‘Control Panel’.
- From the ‘Playback’ tab, click on speaker and then ‘Properties’. Check the ‘Levels’ tab to make sure the audio output is not muted on the laptop’s speakers. Increase the volume by dragging the slider to the right.
- Next, click on the ‘Enhancement’ tab to check if the sound effects is affecting the sound quality on your Dell laptop speakers. Check the “Disable all sound effects” and then click ‘Apply’. Check out the if the sound problems on your laptop are resolved.
- If the problems are not fixed even after clicking on the ‘Advanced’ tab. Select the drop down menu from the “Default Format” and then select the highest quality level from the menu. If the sample rate is quite low, it might affect the sound performance of your computer. Again, click ‘Test’ to check if there is any improvement of sound quality. Make sure the “Allow Applications To Take Exclusive Control of This Device” box is unchecked in case the programs on your computer are not playing sounds. Click on ‘apply’ and then retest the audio payback.
- In case troubleshooting the speaker settings fails to fix the problems, consider turning off the computer. Again, turn on the computer holding down the ‘Fn’ key.
- Follow the prompted instructions in order to perform the Pre-Boot system assessment. If this test fails, write down the error code and then press ‘R’ to continue.
- Press any key whenever prompted, click on ‘custom test’. Double click speaker and audio tests. Make sure you are present before the system to answer the questions, while the tests run.
- Write down any error codes that will appear during the test and then contact the professionals for more assistance. If the speaker and audio tests pass, a program in the windows might be affecting the speaker output.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- The Ultimate Headphones Buying Guide - Jul 10, 2017
- All you need know about Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Jul 4, 2017
- 4 Best Social Media Marketing Strategies - Jun 23, 2017